Cinnamon Fig Brown Rice
Turn your plain old brown rice into a fragrant side dish to remember! This dish can be used throughout the work week as your healthy carbohydrate to add to your lunch or it can be converted into a well rounded lunch by simply adding your favorite protein source on top.
Prepare brown rice as suggested based on brand and instructions on box or bag (amount of rice to liquid can vary). However, instead of water use stock to cook the rice.
While rice is cooking heat olive oil on small sauté pan, add Fresco Garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes to bring flavors out, add spinach and cook until spinach softens (can use salt and black pepper to taste, if desired).
When rice is done add cinnamon, almonds, chopped Fresh Figs, and spinach. Toss lightly to combine and serve!
- 1 cup of quick cook brown rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock, low sodium
- 3 TruStar Fresh Figs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon- can add more to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach, raw
- 1 Fresco Garlic clove, minced
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil